Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spider Silk Scarf



Not really. I crocheted this scarf out of regular yarn, but let me tell you why I named this scarf "Spider Silk Scarf".

When I was a little girl, I had a favorite children's book called "Obake-chan to muwa muwa mu"(Japanese title). I read it so many times; the cover became worn and torn. It was about this family of friendly ghosts and the adventure of the child ghost. The funny thing is that I don't remember the detail of the book at all, even though it was my favorite book.

I just remember the happy feeling I got when I read it, and also this one particular page... mother ghost who knits stuff with spider silk. Isn't it funny how a child shows interest in certain things early on?

I went through 4 procedures (and the recovery to go with them takes way too long for my liking!) since October so far, and during those times I couldn't really start a new projects. I have been dying to start designing, drafting and sewing some clothes, but I consider those kind of big projects since they involve lots of standing. But you didn't think I am all defeated and weepy did you? Nope.

I saw yarn in my closet and it reminded me of the "spider silk" the mother ghost was using for her knitting in the book. I decided to crochet in bed. :)
It is just a simple Half Double Crochet Stitch, since I don't know much other than the basics. While I was crocheting I kept thinking about that book and that made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment