Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Up Date on Vintage Laura Ashley Dress

Since I am going to get another procedure on Thursday, I am going to take a break from this link party this week. I am not sure how I will be after the procedure, and I don't wanna keep you waiting too long for the link love post.

Today I am going to share the update on my vintage Laura Ashley dress... (you can read about the dress here.


Let me refresh your memory...

Even though I still love the flower print, I didn't care for the really puffy sleeves. It is so outdated, so I took the sleeves off and cut some of it off and put them back on...



The problem with the sleeves wasn't only the shoulders. I didn't like how it was really slim around the wrist. So, I cut it shorter and put in elastic. Now the sleeves are elbow length.


I also didn't care for the neck line. I changed it slightly lower and also made that into a v neck instead of a rounded neck.



Then, I hit a wall. Part of me really wanted to see this dress transformed drastically by cutting the skirt short and making it into a tunic (and, I wanted to make a skirt for Rachel with the extra fabric). Although another part of me still wanted the skirt to be long. It's so hard to make up my mind!




Since then I wore the dress a couple times and I am loving it. I guess I am going to keep it like this for a while... who knows all of a sudden I might decide to cut the skirt short in a couple weeks.

If that happens, I will let you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment