Friday, December 2, 2011

Hoot Hoot ~ Crate & Barrel Inspired Owl Ornament

When it comes to ornaments for my Christmas tree I like keeping it simple. My theme colors for my trees are white, silver and a tint of red.

But, when I was visiting the new Crate & barrel store in our area one day I encountered these...


I don't know what it is, but there was something about them that spoke to me. It could be the colorful buttons, hand stitches, or the buttoned eyes... I just adore them. I was standing there for a while and kept touching them for no reason (yes my mother taught me while growing up not to touch anything in the store unless I am buying them, but I couldn't help it). Online, they are sold as a set of three for $23.95, but in the store they were sold separately, and I believe they were about $8.50 each.

In the end I just couldn't bring myself to pay so much money for an ornament and left the store.

Then a couple days ago, I remembered that I was supposed to bring an ornament for a church function for an ornament exchange. The owl popped in my head... I had to give it a try to make an owl ornament!

Please say hi to my owl...



It was so fun to come up with the combination of fabric and wool. I gave her away, but I might have to make more for my family soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment