Friday, August 5, 2011

Dare to Design ~ Design for Shabby Apple~

Where have I been? I just noticed that Shabby Apple has had a design contest since June! I had no idea that was going on and since it is due on the 10th, there is no way that I can come up with something new right now... but, I really want to enter this dress I created for a while ago... the Ivory Sunlight Dress.


Well, the dress totally matches what they are looking for... it is a modest design, has sleeves, no cleavage showing, and it is longer than knee length. And, I made it for the Spring/Summer season.

My design inspiration came from JCrew, but the dress was showing a lot more skin than I prefer, so I changed and tweaked the idea and created a different dress. Do you think this dress fits with other Shabby Apple Dresses? I think it does!

If my dress is one of the top 15 entries, it will be posted on the Shabby Apple blog by August 17th. IF, IF that happens, would you, could you my blogger friends be there to vote and support me? It is a little scary, but I think I am gonna try it.



I used 100% cotton; it is textured, very light weight almost like gauze fabric. I found it at Joann's for 6.99/yd. I used my 40% off coupon for three yards of fabric, so my version of the dress cost me about $13.00! Because I wanted to make it for every day wear, cotton is a better choice than chiffon for me.


Well my friends wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment