Friday, January 22, 2010

Mirror Make Over

Do you rember this post? It was a long time ago that I gave my bedroom a facelift. It took me a while to decide what to do next, not to mention a while to come across something I love.

I found this mirror at Ross for $29. I know it is a lot more than the $1 or $2 I spend at my usual thrift stores, but hey, I thought it was worth it.


I spray painted it...


and... there was a dilemma. I wanted to use my cricut machine to cut out some vinyl designs to put on the mirror. I just couldn't... If you know me well, I am terrified of trying out new technology. I am just that way. My husband says I am not real Japanese, oh yeah, all Japanese should be tech savvy right? I am afraid that I will do something dumb and break it.

One of my kind friends came over and helped me figure out how to cut out vinyl last Monday, Thank you! I was finally able to finish up the mirror.

I stuck the vinyl on the mirror...


Glued ribbon on the back (note: the ribbon is just a decoration. If you are doing this, you have to hang the mirror by the metal brackets on the back. You do not want objects falling on your head at night!!)


Done!


I was so excited to see the mirror, the mirror before was fine, but putting some elbow greese made it more personal. More... my style. That afternoon, I had fun putting up the mirror on our bedroom wall, accompanied by a couple dishes. (These were dallor store finds!)




I finally made some progress on my bedroom facelift. At this rate, who knows when I will post more of the bedroom make over. It could be another year or so.

I liked the mirror so much that I kept staring at it while I was folding the laundry. Because every time when I passed by the unfinished mirror I felt bad, finishing this project totally made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment