Monday, January 18, 2010

A Great Find and a Story to Go with It

This post is about the item I found at a thrift store and a short story to go with it.

This Ladder caught my eye...


I always wanted to use a ladder to decorate my house. Many places sell them and the ones I saw were anywhere from $30 to over $100. I found this one for $2!! I came home and washed it, disenfected it, and just left it next to the fireplace. I had dinner to cook, so I just left it there. My hubby came home... I wasn't going to say anything, I was wondering how long it would take for him to notice there is a ladder in our living room.

To my surprise, immediately "What a...! Why's there a ladder in our living room?"
I said "Hey! You noticed it right away! Awesome, Honey! I found it at DI today! Guess how much I paid?" (I use this phrase a lot.)

"Gosh they sell everything there. What do you need a ladder for? Where is it going to? You better not have paid more then $2."

Let me tell you ladies, since you can't see us or hear the tone of his voice when he said this. He is not being mean or bossy, that is how he teases me.

Ok, back to the story...

I said "That is just amazing!! How did you know that I paid exactly $2 for it!"
He said "Well, I know you. So, what are you going to do with this?"

Remember, I was cooking, so I was facing the stove when we were having this conversation.

I said,"I am going to use it for decoration. You know you can put magazines, or quilts..."

Then, my 9 year old who was doing his homework at the kitchen table said, "Mom, he is rolling his eyes!"

"No, I didn't! He is lying!"

Hmmm...which man do you think I would believe in this case...

I gave him a quick crusty look and went on cooking. I was so excited to find this, and it is already white, I don't have to do anything. Since I haven't quite figured out where to put it, it will be next to the cabinet for now.


Hang on tight, I have more "finds" to post later this week! Do you have great finds you are excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment