Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquake

My heart is breaking.

As many of you know, an 8.9 earthquake hit Japan yesterday. One of the prefectures (states) that got hit hard and have a devastating number of death and missing people is Miyagi. That's where I am from.

I found out that my parents and one of my sisters is ok, but they can't contact my other sister and her family.

The phone is not working, and the only thing I can do is stare at the TV showing the horrible images. The road I drove with my friends by the sea is completely under the water, and some of my friends’ homes have been washed away.

I am keeping myself busy taking care of my kids and waiting, wishing to hear from my family that my sister is ok. My sister and I are very close.

Those of you, who called visited and emailed me, thank you so much. I am deeply touched by your kindness and support.

Many of you asked me if you could do anything...

Will you pray for us and for the people in Japan who are affected by this?

Thank you again for your kind words.

Love

Sachiko

No comments:

Post a Comment