Monday, March 8, 2010

The Sauna Turned Gym, etc.



We're at a stopping point with our renovation of the old sauna. Left to do is paint the fir floors grey - glad some of you like the unfinished look! We're holding off on this task until summer when we won't be using it as much...when we reconvene our evening walks.

Go here to see before pictures!



I am so excited about the new shelves! Hubby recycled these from the old sauna benches he removed. The old table, which weighs a ton, is a gorgeous handmade table that came with the property. It's been tucked away in the barn so we thought we'd finally put it to use.


I'm really happy with what Hubby did with the table and shelves as it's going to provide some much needed storage for a project I'm working on!


I dug out this great old basket I had down in our basement. I picked it up several months ago but found it to be a bit over sized to use for laundry.


And oh yes, the gym!!! Not all that pretty but serving us very well now that the place has been spruced up a bit.

The large wood mirror is something I bought at an auction in Maine many years ago. It was one of my very first antique purchases. I've strategically used it to cover up the hole from the old medicine cabinet that was there.


Here's the outside facade. I'm really anxious to get a new door...which style do you like best?


Option A, except in white, is a classic style French door. I think this would be a more casual look.



Option B, also in white, is more of a traditional front door and I'm wondering if it would make this little outbuilding look more like a sweet little cottage.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment