Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Scarf for Spring ~Tea Rose Home Style~


I found this dress at a thrift store a few month ago. Although, the style of the dress is a little 80's ish, I fell in love with the gauze material and the romantic floral print. I have been looking for gauze material, but they are really hard to find.



I bought the dress, so I could make something out of it. I had lots of ideas, but it was very difficult to decide what to make. Once the dress is cut, that's it! It's not like I can go back to a fabric store and buy more.

Then, I started seeing beautiful scarfs for Spring at the stores. I had to make one with the fabric!

I separated the top and the bottom...


Actually, the skirt portion was made out of four large panels. I only needed to make my scarf.

1. I cut the panel in half, and sewed them together to make a long piece. Then, I just used a zig-zag stitch for both sides to prevent fraying.


2. Then, I pulled threads using a pin.


3. When I pulled about 2 1/2" worth of threads, I took sections of threads and twisted them together to make fringe.


4. Now I have a airy and romantic scarf for Spring!


I love it!! I still have three panels left. I am debating whether to make a blouse or camisol. Are you wondering what I did with the top portion of the dress? (I have a hard time throwing beautiful fabrics away).

I actually made some flowers, I can either make it in to hair accessories, make corsage, or use them to dress up my t-shirt.

In my next post I will show you how I made the flowers. Don't miss it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment