Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Link Party No.10 /My Little Project " Bleached!"

Welcome back to the "Wednesday at Tea Rose Home link party"! This week, I am going to close the link on Thursday night, and post the link love on Saturday. Since I usually post every other day, if I Post "Link Love" on Monday, and the "Link Party" on Wednesday, it's like most of the week's posts become one big link party post.

I love doing the link party, but my intention for my blog is not to be identified as a link blog. I wanted a little more space between the link posts. I am still trying to see what the best way is to do this, and I might change something in the future too. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I will share a project that I did... I named this project "Bleached!".

One day, I got a call that unexpected guests were coming... I had to go through my house and did some spot cleaning (who told you that my house is always clean? That is just an illusion...). The bathroom was one of the areas that I had to take care of.

The next day, as I was folding the laundry, I noticed that my shirt that I wore the day before had gotten some bleach on it! Noooo! Don't you hate it when that happens? I was being careful but obviously I wasn't careful enough. When I found the bleached area my face was like this:


I loved the shirt, but good-bye...I decided to make this into something Rachel could wear.


Here is what I did:

1. I cut the bottom area (that is the bleached area).


2. Cut the sleeves off too.


3. Open up the sleeves to make bias tape.

4. Cut 1" off from the top to make the neckline shorter.

5. Pin the bias tapes around the sleeve area and sew. Turn, pin and stitch.


6. I made a pocket to give a more kids clothes feel to it.


Done!

Rachel enjoyed watching the process of "Mommy's clothes become her clothes."

I enjoyed watching her wearing it and being happy. I guess my clothes getting bleached wasn't such a bad thing. ;)



Ok, it is your turn. Please show me (and the other readers), what you have been working on and enjoy the party!

Here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





No comments:

Post a Comment