Friday, August 3, 2012

Fabric Play

Last week, I shared my tutorial for the Narwhal Pillow I did for Sarah's booth. I have one more tutorial that I am going to share soon, but before that let's sidetrack a little...

After I made those two pillows I had some scraps... (grin).


If you have been reading my blog long enough, you would know that I am the type of person that doesn't (can't!) throw away even the scraps of scraps. Looking at the scraps from Out to Sea, I had some ideas that I had to make. There are no tutorials for those, but I wanted to share some pictures with you!

First, a pouch… I love the combinations! I thought this would be perfect to organize things in my purse or, better yet, I might add a strap, and make it into Rachel's crossbody bag.



Speaking of Rachel, I had to make some hair accessories for her...

A hair clip,

Also a headband. She wore it with a light gray ruffle shirt the other day, and it was perfect!




One of the ways to utilize the "scrap of scrap" is to make fabric covered buttons. I made mine into a ring and framed it with small gray pearls. :)


Fabric covered buttons are really useful. I also made a beach-y necklace in Tea Rose Home style.



The last one wasn't made out of scraps. Sarah was generous enough to spare some of this fabric for me because I had this idea.




In case you are wondering how I made these fabric beads... there is a tutorial I did to make a bracelet with the same technique, it is really simple and easy.

I am pretty much all done using the scraps from Out to Sea. It is so much fun to think of what I can do with a limited amount of fabric. No plan, no pattern, and no pain. It is simply playing with fabrics and going with the flow. Do you think you wanna give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment