Friday, August 10, 2012

17 and Counting

NO, not what you think, I am not having a 17th baby.


Picture by Rusty Bucket Photography
17 years ago today, Mr. TRH and I got married. You name it, we have been through a lot together... loss of jobs and many medical procedures are the big ones.

The beginning of our marriage was especially hard, mainly, because I just moved from Japan, and didn't speak much English and I was still trying to adjust to life here. He was always there for me, helped and guided me through everything with a tremendous amount of patience and... humor. :)

He kept his promise he made to me 17 years ago… to make me smile every day of my life if I marry him. He would crack a joke or two, or in his quirky way he always manages to make me laugh every single day. I think that is pretty amazing! To me, that is more important than money (it doesn't hurt to have tons but, that is just icing on the cake), or anything else the world has to offer.

Between us, a noisy household with three awesome kids, our faith, and lots of love I think we have a great life.

So, Mr. TRH...

Thank you so much for being there for me, always, always. You are a terrific husband, father and best of all- my best friend.

Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me with whatever I want to do...

When we are gray and old, our grandchildren will see our affection towards each other and might think we are "cute" or "gross". Either way, I can totally picture you giggling because of their reaction.

It is an old saying, but I am going to tell you today:

Grow old with me; the best is yet to come.

Happy Anniversary

Love,

Sachiko

No comments:

Post a Comment