Friday, June 3, 2011

Tutorial ~ Eclectic Necklace ~



One of the jewelry projects I did recently is this necklace. I always wanted to try to make one with many different items and elements. I thought that it is a little more challenging to mix and match and I might be able to come up with something unique.

To make this necklace, I used wood, metal, and leather. I also mixed vintage items with new findings. Go ahead, go fish around the house... you might find some fun and unique items to make a one of a kind necklace!

{You will need}

35" thin leather cord
22 (1/2") Wood beads
Large main piece (in my case, it is a vintage earring)
2 Medium to large side pieces (I used a couple metal findings that I found at the scrapbook section)
A few more small findings (you can use anything...findings for scrapbooks, buttons etc.)
Fabric
Glue ( I used E 6000 clear type)

{How to}

1. Tie a knot at 9" from the tip of the leather cord.


2. Slide a bead on and tie a knot. Repeat this process with 9 beads. I left a space about 4" for the center pieces, and tied the knot for the other side. If your center piece and findings are something you need to put through the cord, you need to do so at this step before you start adding more wood beads.


3. Put clip on earrings in the middle of the opening. Glue it, and wait until it is all dry and stable.



4. Add flowers on the sides. I cut out a few circles from linen, put glue on and used them as "tape" to bond the flowers to the cord. Wait for the glue to get hard for each flower.



5. Add smaller findings to fill out the spaces between the bigger pieces. Use the same method to glue them on.


6. Done!


I wore it with white clothes, but the necklace goes well with other things too.


No comments:

Post a Comment