Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Link Party No. 56!


What is your "taste of summer"? Since I always have been a big fan of food, I have many that I can think of off the top of my head... watermelon, sloppy, corn on the cub, soumen (Japanese cold noodles), etc.

The newest taste of summer for me would be Pico de Gallo. I started making it a few years ago, it was good, but when I made it with the tomatoes that we harvested from our own garden, it tasted EVEN BETTER! I didn't really have a recipe that I followed. I made it so many times and I found my best combinations. It is easy to make, and inexpensive, perfect for summer parties.

{Pico de Gallo}

7 to 8 Tomatoes (I am big fan of Roma tomatoes)
1 Can of black beans
1 Can of corn
1/2 medium size red onion
About a handful of fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 to 1 lime
Salt & pepper

1. Dice tomatoes, red onion and cilantro. Put them in to a large bowl or container. I chop the red onion very tiny. I love the taste of onions, but I want them to blend in and not be too over powering.

2. Open the black beans and corn, drain the liquid. Add them to the bowl in step 1.

3. Squeeze the lime into the bowl, and add salt and pepper. This part is totally up to you how much you want to add. I guess most people won't add pepper to Pico de Gallo, but I like the little kick.

4. Let it chill in the refrigerator until time to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.

My family love to make nachos and pour the Pico de Gallo over it. It is soo good. :)

Say ahhh...



OK, it is time for you to show off your creations, sewing, crocheting, cooking, anything you made is welcome. Link up and have fun! :)

As always here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




No comments:

Post a Comment