Friday, May 13, 2011

OH! My First Quilt Market

Can you guess where have I been today...? Take a wild guess (I wish you can see me grinning).

International Quilt Market!!! Yes, my first one ever!!

I have always wanted to go to the Inter National Quilt Market. I don't know if you are familiar with the Market, but, lots of fabric and quilt designers will have booths and showcase their next product line. I know, some people say that Disneyland is the best place on earth, but to me this is it! There is a really big one in Houston every fall, and the spring one is held at a different location every year.

Guess what? This year it was held in Utah! It is driving distance for me and thought I had to go! I had no idea what to expect and I was little nervous at first, but it would be a huge understatment if I say it was a great experience.

IT WAS AMAAAZING!

I met several desingers that I admire and wanted to meet, and they were super nice. Un... Can I name Amy Butler, Sarah Jane, Sandi Henderson, Kaari from French General and so on... Oh, I was in heaven!

The market was very big, and I heard that the one in Huston is even bigger! I can't imagine... There was so much to see. It was a lot of walking, lot more than I normally do so I am gonna crash tonight. I am attending a blogger's meet up tomorrow night, I need my beauty sleep... (really, I need all the help I can get for a good first inpression. It is a little scary to see people in person from blogland. Most of them only know me in my blog if not they wouldn't know me at all).

I will post one pictue from the market though, I know one of my friends that couldn't come with us is dying to see this picture...


I have a lot going on next week, so I can't say when, but I will tell you more about the market soon.

Oh, know what I will dream about tonight. Good night everybody. :)

NOTE: I asked the desingners if I could take the pictures of their booth, and got permission to post them on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment