Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Diamond Quilt


Over the weekend, we visited family, and had a nice time. I was particularly excited that I was able to finish a quilt. A quilt I pieced so many months ago, but afraid to machine quilt and walked away from it for a while... I wanted to give it to my brother-in-law as a house warming gift.

I stayed away from my usual colors and flower patterns(giggle), and went with darker colors and plaids. I used a 60 degree diamond ruler to cut the fabrics (I bought my ruler at Joann's with a 50% off coupon, by the way). Cutting and piecing the fabrics went pretty quick. Can you imagine using different fabrics to make this diamond quilt? Ah... did I hear Amy Butler? Woo, I am so going to...

He gave us a tour of his first place he purchased, and I was soo excited that the color of the quilt actually went with the couch and the chair he had in his living room!


Do you know what else I was so excited about? I. Machine. Quilted. It!!


I mentioned that I wanted to practice machine quilting more, but I was really worried that I would mess it up. But, you know, it actually wasn't so bad, I just did loops all over the quilt and it turned out OK for a machine quilting apprentice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment