Saturday, March 17, 2012

Liberty of London Fabrics


I received a surprise package from my mom this week. It was filled with Japanese candies and treats for the kids. As you can easily guess from the title, I received more Liberty of London fabrics.

The reason why I didn't put "!!!" after the last sentence is, I have mixed feeling about this. L of L fabrics are not cheap; I would rather that she spend that money on extra food, drinking water and other supplies for them to prepare for the earthquake, since they are saying that a big one might be coming. I told her that several times on the phone, but she always tells me that she loves going to the fabric store and looking at the beautiful flower prints and it is very therapeutic for her. (By the way, she is not a sewer...). Then, she can't help herself from buying some for me.

After I thanked her and hung up the phone I kept looking at these beautiful fabrics...

My mom thought that this would make a beautiful summer dress for me. So, she sent 3 meters of this one.


They are all so pretty, but my favorite is the top one.


Then, this last one... When I opened it, it literally took my breath away. It contains 17cm X 18cm of 96 different prints! It has been a couple days but I can't stop staring at it and admiring each of the prints. I am so tempted to pull them out and open each fabric, but then I don't think I can put them back in to the case like before. I am contemplating to either use the whole fabric to make one quilt, or use them little by little over time. There are some big decisions to make. :)


I am grateful that my mom cares about me so much that she wants to do something to make me smile even from far away.

Psst... I am designing a special quilt for her birthday this year, and she has no clue. I will write a post about it when I am done making the quilt, just thinking about her reaction makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment