Monday, September 5, 2011

Hydrangea and An Old Desk


I think this may be our last clipping of Endless Summer hydrangea blossoms for the summer. 


Last year, the blossoms were more pink as the plants were still adapting to the soil in their new home. 


I put the vase of hydrangea on top of an old desk in the corner of our living room. It's an old family piece that my dad grew up using as a child. It originally belonged to my Great Great Grandparents. 


I recently moved this marble lamp from my office upstairs. I don't use the office much these days as it's not conducive to the activity that occupies most of my days... playing on the floor with Graham and Margaret. 

I love that hydrangeas last so long after cutting. The last bouquet I made lasted several weeks. As long as you keep trimming their ends, they stay happy. 


I also made a small cutting of roses. 



This old clock was the first antique Mike and I bought together. 
Note to self: remember to wind the old clock. 


I love the fluted legs of the desk. 


I also like the shelf underneath. 


And, if you pan out just a tad...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment