Thursday, September 2, 2010

FAQ


I have been blogging for over two years, and sometimes I get email (or comments) asking me questions. I always try to reply to them, but if you are one of the people who sent me an email and never got a response, I am so sorry! Usually, what happens is, I read an email and if I don't have enough time to respond I tend to forget to do so...

I realized that I don't have a "FAQ" page up. So, I decided to post some of the most asked questions and answers today.

Q : What are the terms and conditions for linking and posting your post on my blog?
A : As long as you give me rightful credit and preferably a link back to my blog, I will be happy to be linked and featured!

Q : What sewing machine do you own?
A : I have a Baby Lock Espire Quilter Dream Series. It was a gift from my husband.

Q : I am worried about raw edges on my ruffles. Does it fray after washing?
A : So far I have worked with many different t-shirt materials, and so far they are fine.

Q : Is there any particular t-shirt name brands you use?
A : I use Gap, Old Navy, and Down East so far. I am always looking out for great deals!

Q : After I washed the ruffle shirt, the ruffles shriveled up. How do you keep your ruffles look nice?
A : When I wash my ruffle shirts, I put them in a laundry net, if the t-shirt is thin material, I use the delicate cycle. After the wash, I then hang them dry. I never put them in the dryer. When you put the ruffle t-shirt in the dryer, the ruffles will curl up, and also, the heat will damage the fabric quickly. I pull all the ruffles by hand when I hang the shirt, so I won't have to iron them later. The thicker materials tend to hold their shape better.

Q: Do you sell your ruffle shirt?
A : I thought about it, but to make the ruffle shirt, I need two of the same shirts, and I have to find really good deals. Otherwise the shirts will be expensive to begin with and when I calculate my time, the shirt will be not so affordable. Also, there is no guarantee that I can find the color and the size of the shirt someone ordered at the price I want. So no I don't sell them.

Q : Sounds like you are a very busy mom, how do you manage your time to do everything?
A : I have a schedule that I try to follow. Also, I always try to maximize the time I have by doing multiple things at once. For example, If I am waiting in the carpool lane at school or martial arts studio, I will be either working on my projects, helping my kids with their homework, or reading a book I've wanted to read. If I am in the kitchen cooking, I will also be doing laundry, making phone calls that I needed to make, or ironing. I hardly ever watch TV either. I would rather do something else. :)

There are other questions too, but those are the ones I get the most often. I will make the page for this for future reference. I really enjoy getting emails and comments from you all, Thank you so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment