Friday, February 5, 2010

Tutorial~ Hint of Ruffle Scarf~


A few posts ago, I did a sweater cardigan tutorial. I had some left over knit fabric from that project. Since I love the color so much, I decided to make a scarf out of it.

Here is what I did:

1. The left over fabric was 17" X 60" W. I cut 1" X 60" strip to make ruffles then I cut the strip in half. I then cut both ends of the 16" x 60" fabric diagonally. I set that aside.


2. I wanted to do something different with these ruffles, so I made a wavy cut in one side of each of the 1" strips. Then, I made the ruffles as usual.


3. I pinned the ruffles onto the edges of the scarf (16" x 60" fabric).


4. I used a zig-zag setting and sewed them together.


5. Ta da!


Since it is a thin knit fabric, I can pretty much enjoy the scarf all year round. This is super easy to make, it will be fun to have it in white... wait, brown, No! Wait!... sage green... All of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment